Here is page four of a four-page monograph entitled "The Allegheny Portage Railroad." It was published originally in 1957 by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. It's also known as "Historic Pennsylvania Leaflet No. 19." The text is by Dr. Hubertis Cummings and the sketches are by Julia Smith McMillan. Illustration Caption: "The stationary engine house at the summit level, and the Lemon Inn, built by Samuel Lemon before 1830. Passengers are coming out of this wayside tavern to take the train for Johnstown." |
Date:
2/1/1957 |
Location:
Cresson, PA Map  |
Views:
22 |
Collection Of:

Thomas C. Ayers |
|
Author: Thomas C. Ayers
|
 |
Picture Categories: Station,Steam,Passenger |
This picture is part of album: APR: "The Allegheny Portage Railroad," 1957 (R) |